Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich With Tartar Sauce is complete with crispy shrimp served on a soft potato bun with lettuce and homemade tartar sauce, the ideal summer sandwich.
These air-fried shrimp are light, bouncy, and cooked to excellence! They are served with my healthier tartar sauce flavored with chopped dill pickles, which add the ideal tang.
Homemade tartar sauce is so simple to make! Plus, it’s superior to any store- bought version you will find. Tartar sauce is pretty high in calories since its main ingredient is mayonnaise.
I lighten up my tartar sauce by using a combine of reduced- fat sour cream and light mayo.
I then season it with chopped dill pickles, fresh dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. After you combine all together, refrigerate the sauce until you’re ready to serve it.
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich With Tartar Sauce
- 20 about 14 to 16 oz raw peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup dry seasoned panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 whole wheat 100 calorie potato buns, (round or long) I like Martins
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
First combine the ingredients for the tartar sauce and keep cold until ready to serve.
Then crack the egg into a bowl and beat it. join panko, and breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
After using a fork, put shrimp 1 at a time into the egg, then into the crumbs, then onto a plate in a single layer while breading the rest.
Spray the top of the shrimp kindly with oil then transfer oil side down to the fryer basket in a single layer in batches.
After spray the other side with oil and air fry 400F 4 minutes.
Shake the basket and cook 2 additional minutes, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
On 4 buns, divide the shrimp on each, top with lettuce and 2 1/2 tablespoons tartar sauce on the top side of the bun.